At Cleveland Park Bible Church, our ultimate desire is that of the apostle Paul: “To [God] be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever” (Ephesians 3:21, ESV). We exist to glorify God by making and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ. Disciples are made through Spirit-empowered proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Disciples mature as they develop their relationship with Christ through the Scriptures and become more like Him. So Christ is the key to making and maturing disciples. That is why our unifying motto is, “To know Christ and to make Him known.” Or in the words of Paul, “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ” (Colossians 1:28, ESV).
Our mission determines the character of our church. As we worship and minister together, by God’s grace we strive to be a fellowship that is…
- God-centered We aim to honor and display God’s distinctive character in our personal and corporate lives. We find our delight in knowing, pleasing, and depending on Him (Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Word-focused We accept the inspiration and authority of the Bible. We make the careful exposition of Scripture the centerpiece of our services (1 Timothy 3:15; 2 Timothy 3:14-4:2).
- Gospel-driven We believe that right conduct must flow from a right heart. We emphasize the gospel because it is God’s grace that motivates us to live a godly life in a godless world (Romans 6:17-18; Titus 2:11-14).
- Relationally oriented We pursue our ideals in the context of close, encouraging relationships. We challenge each member to use his or her spiritual gift(s) to build up the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:4-13; Ephesians 4:11-16).
- Evangelistically active We endeavor to share the message of salvation with the lost in our community and around the world. We seek to witness to Christ through both word and deed (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).